- Saturday, 30 May 2009
- Smothers Theatre at Pepperdine University
- 7:30 pm
- Joaquin Rodrigo Fantasía para un gentilhombre
- Joaquin Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez
- Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco Concerto No. 1 in D major, Op. 99
- Manuel Ponce Concierto del Sur
- Elmer Bernstein Concerto for Guitar and Orchestra
On the third and final day of this preeminent classical guitar competition, the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra performs a full concerto with each of the three finalists. The finalists choose the concerto they wish to perform from the selections listed above and also present an encore piece of their choice. The medalists and prizewinners will be announced after the conclusion of this orchestral segment with LACO.
For more information on the competition and event schedule, visit arts.pepperdine.edu/parkening.
This concert is presented by Pepperdine Univserity. Please note, these tickets are not available through the LACO ticket office.
Performances take place in Smothers Theatre at Pepperdine University’s Center for the Arts in Malibu, California.
Tickets for the finals are $65. For more information and to purchase tickets, call the Smothers Theatre Box Office at (310) 506-4522 or Ticketmaster at (213) 480-3232, or visit arts.pepperdine.edu.