- Sunday, 28 Mar 2010
- Alex Theatre
- 2 pm
- Tchaikovsky Excerpts from Serenade for Strings in C major, Op. 48
- Folk Song Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Beethoven Excerpts from Symphony No. 6 in F major, “Pastoral” listen
- John Williams Theme from E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
- Bart Howard Fly Me to the Moon
- Gustav Holst “Jupiter” (from The Planets, Op. 32)
- Ravel Excerpts from Mother Goose listen
- Harline/Knight When You Wish Upon a Star
Blast off on a flight of musical fancy! You’ll discover how rhythm, rhyme and melody unlock the magic and delight in works by the world’s greatest composers. Join conductor Michael Nowak to explore how imagination comes to life through music that’s out of this world. Be ready for some exciting musical surprises!
part of the
food drive: help LACO feed america
Throughout the month of March, LACO is collecting food for the Orchestras Feeding America National Food Drive. When you bring a full bag of non-perishable food to Family Concert 2, you will receive one free concert ticket per full bag of food donated. Don’t need additional tickets? Please donate a bag of food to help us contribute to this worthy cause.
Look for information tables and collection bins near the box office windows at the concert venues to donate items such as soup, rice, cereal, peanut butter, canned fruit and vegetables, macaroni and cheese, beans, stew and fruit juices. Please remember that glass jars cannot be accepted.
drop in anytime from 1 to 2 pm
• LACO’s Instrument Petting Zoo
• Experience the wonder of the night sky with astronomy presentations from the Kidspace Children’s Museum. Investigate stars, galaxies and beyond as you view the night sky through the eyes of various Native American tribes. Explore the urban starfield, constellations, and cultural myths and legends.
• Learn with the Griffith Observatory! Through their fun demonstrations, find out about the creation of comets, the phases of the moon and more.
Looking for a good place to eat near the Alex?
Grab a bite at one of Glendale’s restaurants near the theatre.
box office info
Subscriptions for 3-concert series: $39, $24
Single tickets: $16, $10
Order by phone:
Call Jacquie, Marcella or Laura in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 215.
Groups of 12 or more get a 15% discount off single ticket prices. Celebrate a birthday or bring the Scout troop, dance class or soccer team! Call for details.