- Thursday, 11 Feb 2010
- The Broad Stage
- 7 pm
- Bruce Broughton, special guest & piano
- Josefina Vergara, violin
- Margaret Batjer, violin
- Jennifer Munday, violin
- Cheryl Norman-Brick, violin
- Victoria Miskolczy, viola
- Samuel Formicola, viola
- Andrew Shulman, cello
- Giovanna M. Clayton, cello
- Shostakovich Two Pieces for String Octet, Op. 11 listen
- Rachmaninoff/Batjer Vocalise, Op. 34, No. 14 listen
- Tchaikovsky String Sextet in D minor, Op. 70, “Souvenir de Florence” listen
Join us for LACO’s innovative chamber music series that explores the connections between music and other artistic expressions. This season, we look at how music inspires creativity.
On February 11, composer Bruce Broughton joins LACO to discuss the inspirations behind his extensive body of work in film, TV, stage and video game music composition. Margaret Batjer, who curates the series, builds a program around Broughton’s musical muses.
part of the
Concerts in this series are presented without intermission.
For the Westside Connections series, the introduction of the music from the stage and a question-and-answer session involving the audience takes the place of program notes.
Wondering where to grab a bite to eat near The Broad Stage?
Try one of the nearby restaurants in Santa Monica.
Subscriptions for the 3-concert series are $99.
Call Jacquie, Marcella or Laura in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 215.
Single tickets are $40 each.
Online ticketing for individual concerts will be available in January 2010.