- Thursday, 26 Jan 2012
- Zipper Concert Hall
- 7 pm
- Allan Vogel, leader & oboe
- Elissa Johnston, soprano
- Margaret Batjer, violin
- Patricia Mabee, harpsicord & organ
- Andrew Shulman, cello
- David Shostac, flute
- Janice Tipton, flute & soprano
- Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber Gavotte & Gigue from Mystery Sonata No. 13 “Pentecost”
- Bach Toccata in D minor, BWV 913
- Bach “Stumme Seufzer, stille Klagen” (“Mute sighs, silent cries”) from Cantata No. 199
- Bach “Schafe können sicher weiden” (“Sheep may safely graze”) from Cantata No. 208
- Bach “Bist du bei mir” (“If you are with me”), BWV 508, from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach (formerly attributed to Bach, actually composed by Stölzel)
- Bach Trio Sonata in G major, BWV 1038
- Bach “Bete aber auch dabei” (“Pray nevertheless also”), from Cantata No. 115
- Bach “Echo” Aria from Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248,“Flösst, mein Heiland, flösst dein Namen” (“O my Savior, does your name”)
- Bach “Mein gläubiges Herze” (“My faithful heart”) from Cantata No. 68
- Bach Canons from The Musical Offering, BWV 1079
- Bach “Vor deinen Thron tret ich hiermit” (“Before your Throne I now appear”), BWV 668a
part of the
read the Program Notes
Join us for a pre-concert reception, beginning at 6 pm, free to all ticket holders.
Looking for a restaurant close to Zipper? Stop by one of these downtown restaurants for a bite to eat.
box office info
Order subscriptions online or call Nicole or Megan in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 1.
Subscriptions for the 5-concert 2011-12 Baroque Conversations series are $225. Single tickets are $50 each.
Individual tickets will be available for online purchase in Fall 2011.