- Thursday, 05 Dec 2013
- Zipper Concert Hall
- 7 pm
- Margaret Batjer, leader & violin
- John Schneiderman, lute & baroque guitar
- Tereza Stanislav, violin
- Armen Ksajikian, cello
- Nico Abondolo, bass
- Patricia Mabee, keyboard
- Weiss Passacaglia in D major
- Kohaut Lute Concerto in F major (No. 1)
- Cazzati Trattenimento per Camera, Op. 22, Passacaglia
- Cazzati Varii e Diversi Capricci, Op. 50, Ciaconna
- Corelli “La Follia,” Op. 5, No. 12
- Scarlatti Sonata in E minor, K. 81
- Scarlatti Sonata in G major, K. 91
- Scarlatti Sonata in D major, K. 140
- Merula Ciaccona
Revered LACO concertmaster Margaret Batjer sets the tone for the holidays with an evening of sparkling themes and variations featuring virtuoso artists from the Orchestra.
“Batjer immediately established herself as a solid player with shimmering technique and authoritative bowing . . . every eye within sight was glued to her bow.” Classical Sonoma
part of the
read the Program Notes
Join us for a pre-concert reception, beginning at 6 pm, free to all ticket holders.
Looking for a restaurant close to Zipper? Stop by one of these downtown restaurants for a bite to eat.
box office info
Call Andrew or Megan in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 1, Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm and on concert days from 9 am to 4 pm. The box office is closed on public holidays.
Full Series Subscriptions for the 5-concert 2013-14 Baroque Conversations series are $235.
Single tickets are $55.
For information or to purchase tickets, call Andrew or Megan in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 1.
Program, artists and ticket prices subject to change.