- Jeannette Sorrell, leader & harpsichord
- Andrew Shulman, cello
- Trevor Handy, cello
- Josefina Vergara, violin
- Sandy Hughes, flute
- Vivaldi Concerto grosso in B minor (arr. Sorrell) after Sonata in B minor, Op. 1, No. 12, RV 63 (“La Follia”)
- Vivaldi Concerto in G minor for Two Cellos, RV 531
- Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D major, BWV 1050 listen
- Boccherini “Fandango” (arr. Sorrell) after Guitar Quintet No. 4 in D major, G. 448
Making her highly anticipated LACO debut, acclaimed founder and music director of Apollo’s Fire, Jeannette Sorrell, leads Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra in favorites by Bach and Vivaldi. Continuing the tradition of theme and variations into our time, the program also features two of Sorrell’s own arrangements.
Jeannette Sorrell “forges a vibrant, life-affirming approach to the re-making of early music . . . [with] a seductive vision of musical authenticity.” BBC Music Magazine
part of the
read the Program Notes
Join us for a pre-concert reception, beginning at 6 pm, free to all ticket holders.
box office info
Call Andrew or Megan in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 1, Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm and on concert days from 9 am to 4 pm. The box office is closed on public holidays.
Full Series Subscriptions for the 5-concert 2013-14 Baroque Conversations series are $235.
Single tickets are $55.
For information or to purchase tickets, call Andrew or Megan in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 1.
Program, artists and ticket prices subject to change.