- Thursday, 27 Mar 2014
- Zipper Concert Hall
- 7 pm
- Allan Vogel, host & oboe
- Elissa Johnston, soprano
- Tereza Stanislav, violin
- Josefina Vergara, violin
- Roland Kato, viola
- Armen Ksajikian, cello
- Peter Lloyd, double bass
- Patricia Mabee, harpsichord
- Cho-Liang Lin, violin
- Chee-Yun, violin
- Philippe Quint, violin
- Margaret Batjer, violin
- Steven Pence, bass
- Janice Tipton, flute
- Bach “Ich bin vergnügt mit meinem Glücke” (“I am content in my good fortune”), from Cantata No. 84
- Telemann Concerto in D major for Four Violins, TWV 40:202
- Bach “Es ist vollbracht” (“It is accomplished”), from Cantata No.159
- Bach “Tritt auf die Glaubensbahn” (“Walk in the way of faith”), from Cantata No. 152
Beloved LACO principal oboe Allan Vogel gathers his fellow musicians to perform chamber music gems from the Baroque era.
“No oboist anywhere exceeds the virtuosic musicality of Allan Vogel.” LA Opus
part of the
strad fest LA
Join us for a pre-concert reception, beginning at 6 pm, free to all ticket holders.
Looking for a restaurant close to Zipper? Stop by one of these downtown restaurants for a bite to eat.
box office info
Call Andrew or Carrie in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 1, Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm and on concert days from 9 am to 4 pm. The box office is closed on public holidays.
Single tickets are $65.
For information or to purchase tickets, call Andrew or Carrie in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 1.
Program, artists and ticket prices subject to change.