- Handel Concerto Grosso in D minor, Op. 6, No. 10
- Handel “Endless pleasure, endless love” from Semele
- Mozart Exsultate, jubilate
- R Strauss “Grossmächtige Prinzessin” from Ariadne auf Naxos
- R Strauss Le Bourgeois gentilhomme Suite
Exult in Handel, Mozart, and music from the 1912 opera specifically written for chamber orchestra by Mozart devotee Richard Strauss. Canadian coloratura soprano Tracy Dahl will delight with vocal fireworks in the exuberant Nativity motet Mozart wrote at age 16 for the Italian castrato Venanzio Rauzzini. Equally dazzling is the Zerbinetta aria that reminds us that we can love again. Our holiday celebration concludes with Strauss’s music from _Bourgeois gentilhomm_e, the Molière play originally intended for performance with Ariadne auf Naxos.
Recorded for broadcast on December 4, 2005 at Royce Hall, UCLA. The broadcast of this performance is made possible by generous gifts from Brigitta Troy and General Electric.
- KUSC 91.5 fm Sunday, 23 Sep 2007, 4:00 pm