- Sunday, 27 Jan 2008
- Alex Theatre
- 2 pm
- Telemann Don Quixote Suite
- Joaquin Rodrigo Cançoneta
- Peter Warlock Capriol Suite (selected movements)
- Traditional Granadinas
Long before Harry Potter, another storybook hero captured the imagination of millions around the world. Meet Don Quixote, the 15th-century “Man of La Mancha,” who stormed windmills and dared to dream, in music inspired by his knightly adventures. World-renowned classical guitarist Christopher Parkening and LACO’s fine musicians also perform a dance suite, a traditional Spanish folksong and music by Joaquin Rodrigo, the blind composer raised to nobility in 1991 by King Juan Carlos of Spain.
drop in any time from 1 to 2 pm
- LACO’s Instrument Petting Zoo
- Who is “El Anciano” and how does he affect the lives of the unhappy hermanos? Become a character in this interactive Spanish tale with Kidspace Storybook Theater.
- Express your Spanish flair by decorating your own Flamenco abanicos (fans) with the Autry National Center!”
box office info
Call Jacquie or Marcella at 213 622 7001 × 215
Single tickets: $15, $9.
Now available online
Order by phone:
call Jacquie or Marcella 213 622 7001 × 215
Groups of 12 or more get a 15% discount off single ticket prices. Celebrate a birthday or bring the Scout troop, dance class or soccer team! Call for details.