- Sunday, 13 Apr 2008
- Alex Theatre
- 2 pm
- Lucinda Carver, conductor and harpsichord
- Tereza Stanislav, violin
- Josefina Vergara, violin
- Jennifer Munday, violin
- Katia Popov, violin
- Corelli Concerto Grosso in F major, Op. 6, No. 6
- Handel Concerto Grosso in D major, Op. 6, No. 5
- Vivaldi Concerto in B minor for Four Violins, Op. 3, No. 10
Can you break dance or do the hokey-pokey and the Macarena? Dance and music have always gone together. The Italian composers Antonio Vivaldi and Arcangelo Corelli and the German George Frideric Handel wrote music for dance forms like the minuet. A costumed dancer will demonstrate the steps as you listen to this and other popular music of the 1700s.
drop in any time from 1 to 2 pm
- LACO’s Instrument Petting Zoo
- Discover your inner musician as you move your body and shake to the beat of your own drum. Dance and Freeze and Make Some Noise with Kidspace.
- Take an adventure through your body. Learn about the parts that make you move as you investigate muscle and movement with the California Science Center.
box office info
Call Jacquie or Marcella at 213 622 7001 × 215
Single tickets: $15, $9.
Now available online
Order by phone:
call Jacquie or Marcella 213 622 7001 × 215
Groups of 12 or more get a 15% discount off single ticket prices. Celebrate a birthday or bring the Scout troop, dance class or soccer team! Call for details.