- Sunday, 08 Feb 2009
- Alex Theatre
- 2 pm
- Poulenc Sextet for Piano and Wind Quintet, Op. 100
- Robert Kapilow Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Ham
Come along with Sam-I-Am for Kapilow’s “merry, whiz-bang romp through the Dr. Seuss classic…perky theater music, spiky, piquant modernism a la Stravinsky’s Petrouchka, silly quotes from pop and classics alike… jazz bits, soul bits, you name it.” (Boston Globe) “Green Eggs and Ham…brings a tale with a message, through mixtures of music, to people of all ages.” (The Star-Ledger)
part of the
Drop in any time from 1 to 2 pm for kids activities relating to the day’s performance.
- LACO’s popular Instrument Petting Zoo where kids get to bang, pluck, bow and blow on real instruments
- If you will not eat green eggs and ham…will you eat an insect? Come visit some of our creepy crawly friends at the Kidspace booth.
- Create your own faux plate of green eggs and ham using recycled materials, a dash of glitter and lots of imagination with Paintbox Kids.
Looking for a good place to eat near the Alex?
Grab a bite at one of Glendale’s restaurants near the theatre.
box office info
Call Jacquie, Marcella or Laura 213 622 7001 × 215.
Subscriptions for 3-concert series: $36, $22.50
Single tickets: $16, $10
Order by phone:
Call Jacquie, Marcella or Laura in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 215.
Groups of 12 or more get a 15% discount off single ticket prices. Celebrate a birthday or bring the Scout troop, dance class or soccer team! Call for details.