- Sunday, 03 May 2009
- Alex Theatre
- 2 pm
- Paul Gibson Suite: Alice Through a Looking-Glass
- Mozart Symphony No. 35 in D major, K. 385, “Haffner”
Let the enchanting voices of the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus transport you on a three-part adventure: a fun-filled work by Los Angeles-based composer Paul Gibson for the young and young-at-heart, based on Lewis Carroll’s “The Walrus and the Carpenter,” “Beneath a Sunny Sky” and “Jabberwocky.”
part of the
Drop in any time from 1 to 2 pm for kids activities relating to the day’s performance.
- LACO’s popular Instrument Petting Zoo where kids get to bang, pluck, bow and blow on real instruments.
- Vocalize with the assistant conductor of the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus.
- Look deep into the mirror and create a facial masterpiece with Kidspace. Decorate your face as Flutterby the Butterfly shows you the technique of face painting.
- Explore light as you make your very own kaleidoscope! How can you use mirrors to make a few objects seem to multiply? Find out as you investigate reflection with the California Science Center.
Looking for a good place to eat near the Alex?
Grab a bite at one of Glendale’s restaurants near the theatre.
box office info
Subscriptions for 3-concert series: $36, $22.50
Single tickets: $16, $10
Order by phone:
Call Jacquie, Marcella or Laura in the box office at 213 622 7001 × 215.
Groups of 12 or more get a 15% discount off single ticket prices. Celebrate a birthday or bring the Scout troop, dance class or soccer team! Call for details.