our next performance
- Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Zipper Concert Hall
- — buy tickets
- Elizabeth Blumenstock, leader & violin
- Vivaldi Concerto in F minor for Strings, RV 143
- Telemann Concerto in G major for Four Violins, TWV 40:201
- Handel Concerto Grosso in C major, “Alexander’s Feast”, HWV 318
- Vivaldi Concerto in E minor for Violin, Strings and Continuo, “Il Favorito”, Op. 11, No. 2
- Vivaldi Concerto in D minor for Two Violins, Two Flutes, Two Oboes, Bassoon, Strings and Continuo, RV 566
Admired for performances of verve and eloquence, concertmaster of the Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra Elizabeth Blumenstock leads LACO in a program of orchestral masterpieces from the violin.
- Lash This Ease (Sound Investment commission) (world premiere)
- Chopin Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor
- Haydn Symphony No. 102 in B-flat major
LACO proudly marks a quarter-century of side-splitting comedy paired with live music with a silent version of the Charlie Chaplin classic Modern Times. In addition, the evening celebrates the 100th anniversary of Kid Auto Races at Venice (the first film in which Chaplin appears in the now-classic Little Tramp costume) and the 125th anniversary of Chaplin’s birth.
- Sunday, June 8, 2014
- Royce Hall
The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1968 as an artistic outlet for the film and record studios’ most gifted musicians. The respected music critic Jim Svejda praised LACO as “America’s finest chamber orchestra.” Learn More.