As accounting associate, this position processes payables and disbursements, creates journal entries in the general ledger, performs excel reconciliations and period closing entries, processes payroll and related benefits for orchestra and staff, using initiative and good judgment in problem solving. This position requires extensive data entry including AP and ADP entry.
- In coordination with the director of finance and administration, prepare monthly financials for committee and board meetings. Prepare special reports and analysis as needed.
- Process invoices, check requests and credit card charges into AP system (Quick Books).
- Process semimonthly payroll in ADP for staff and orchestra payroll as scheduled.
- Set up new employees in ADP, create personnel folders, and oversee enrollment in benefit plans.
- Maintain vendor files and manage all vendor communications.
- Analyze and reconcile credit card and union dues accounts.
- Prepare, distribute and file IRS 1099 and W-2 forms.
- Track sick leave and vacation.
- Assist with preparing annual audit schedules.
- Extreme discretion and strict confidentiality.
- Highly organized and efficient with ability to respond to requests promptly.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude and interest in music.
- Friendliness and flexibility in a small office.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and standards.
- One year of accounting work.
- Facility and accuracy with ADP and accounting software (currently Quick Books).
- Advanced Excel ability, with strong typing and computer skills.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject: Accounting Associate
meet the music docent
There are four Meet the Music concerts each season. Docents are asked to attend a two hour weekday morning training session at the LACO offices a few weeks prior to each of the four concerts. After the meetings, docents will then disperse to schools to teach students participating in Meet the Music. Docents are invited to attend all Meet the Music concerts.
Going to schools to teach students about the music they will hear at a LACO concert. Introducing students to classical music in a fun way.
Enthusiasm and the ability to present knowledge in exciting ways to large groups of 4th, 5th and 6th graders. An appreciation of music is a big plus, but a musical background is not required. We will provide you with all the information and training that you will need to teach the students.
Volunteer Position with insider perks and the invaluable opportunity to experience LACO’s Meet the Music concerts. Parking for training sessions and Meet the Music concerts will be provided.
Please call Serge Liberovsky at 213 622 7001 × 212 for more information.
Volunteering is a satisfying way to give back to your favorite Orchestra. Volunteers have the opportunity to meet the musicians, attend concerts, receive acknowledgment in our season program and more!