Share your love of great music with a contribution to Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Support from music lovers like you makes possible all LACO programs, bringing the Orchestra’s innovative programming into the lives of thousands of students, families and Angelenos of all ages.
there are many ways to give:
- Make a donation online.
- Call 213 622 7001 to make a credit card donation over the phone.
- Mail to 350 S. Figueroa Street, Suite 183, Los Angeles, CA 90071, or fax to 213 626 2157.
- Transfer appreciated stock, which may help you avoid capital gains tax. Call 213 622 7001 × 4 for details.
- Double your impact with a matching corporate gift.
- Leave LACO a legacy through a planned gift such as a will bequest or charitable gift annuity.
- Online shopping benefits LACO when you use Amazon Smile.
- Attend LACO’s engaging Special Events and get even closer to the music you love.
annual fund donor benefits
As a Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra annual fund donor, you will enjoy special benefits that further enhance your enjoyment of the Orchestra.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 213 622 7001 × 4.
- pursue your passions with a personalized benefits package tailored to your interests
- join guest artists at an intimate post-concert dinner
- participate in exclusive announcement events
- take home a signed score of a work performed by LACO during the season
- all conductor’s circle benefits
- get the inside scoop at an exclusive 2018-19 season preview event
- revel with a special 50th anniversary season launch party celebrating LACO’s inaugural community concert with Grand Performances
- enjoy premier listing on prominent donor recognition page in concert programs
- spread the joy of music with opportunities to underwrite special concerts and projects, sponsor guest artists and commission new works
- all first chair and musicians’ circle benefits
- get up close and personal with the world of orchestral auditions with an invitation to LACO/USC Thornton Strings Mentorship Program mock auditions and exclusive dinner with audition judges and Thornton faculty
- watch a unique concert program take shape at a Westside Connections afternoon tech rehearsal followed by dinner with musicians and special guests
- all $2,500+ and musicians’ circle benefits
- mix and mingle before concerts and at intermission with access to donor lounges at the Alex Theatre, Royce Hall & Moss Theater
- enjoy priority seating at the concert hall of your choice
- meet musicians and fellow first chair members with invitations to two elegant First Chair musicales in private homes featuring performances by LACO musicians or guest artists
- take advantage of a ticketing concierge providing personal service for all of your box office needs
- all musicians’ circle benefits
- peek behind the scenes with an invitation for two to a premium dress rehearsal at Zipper Concert Hall
- don’t miss a beat when you receive pre-sale ticket offers for must-see concerts and events
- watch a child’s eyes light up during her first visit to the concert hall at a Meet the Music performance at Zipper Hall
- see your name in print with a listing in concert programs
- stay in touch with LACO’s annual donor newsletter
- expand your musical knowledge at a Saturday morning donor dress rehearsal with special lectures, activities and refreshments
sponsor a concert or featured artist
Conductor’s Circle members have the opportunity to sponsor a concert or a featured artist. These additional sponsorships start at $7,500. Sponsors receive exclusive perks, including:
- listing in the season program as a guest artist sponsor
- listing on laco.org as sponsor of your selected guest artist
- invitation to a post-concert dinner with the sponsored guest artist(s)
- and more!
Corporate matching gift programs give you the opportunity to help direct your employer’s philanthropic dollars to the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra.
It’s a win-win-win: your company receives a tax deduction for each match, you get the credit toward your donor benefits, and LACO can continue sharing the great classical music you love with music lovers just like you.
double the impact of your gift today!
- Check with your human resources department to determine if they have a matching gifts program and what gifts are eligible for matching funds. Most companies will match your charitable gifts for up to 12 months after you’ve given. Employees are usually entitled to several matches per year, up to several hundred dollars or more. If you and your spouse both work for companies with matching gift programs, your donation may be eligible to be matched by both companies.
- Obtain a matching gift form from your human resources office, or check your company’s website for downloadable forms.
- Send the completed form to:
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
350 S. Figueroa St., Suite 183
Los Angeles, CA 90071
If you have questions about matching gifts, please call 213 622 7001 × 4 or e-mail email@example.com
LACO is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Tax ID# 23-7010825. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
make a gift of stock
Giving appreciated stock to the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra can mean tax benefits for you. If you hold stock that has gone up in value, you can get a charitable deduction for the full value and avoid paying any capital gains tax. Consult your tax advisor for details.
Gifts of stock qualify the donor for the same donor benefits as a gift of cash.
notify the orchestra
When planning to make a gift of stock to the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, please notify us by calling Lacey Huszcza at 213 622 7001 x 202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for LACO to properly credit the gift, it is important that you or your broker contact the Orchestra’s development department with your name and the intended purpose of your gift.
stock transfer via dtc
To transfer stock to LACO electronically via Depository Trust Company, or DTC, you will need to provide DTC transfer instructions to your broker.
When you or your broker calls the Orchestra to notify us of the contribution of stock, we will provide the DTC transfer instruction and account details. It is important that you ask your broker to reference your name in the transfer.
HOW AN ELECTRONIC TRANSFER OF STOCK WORKS
- Your broker sends your gift instructions to Charles Schwab via the Depository Trust Company (DTC).
- Charles Schwab notifies LACO that your gift of stock has been received.
- LACO sells the securities through the Orchestra’s brokerage account.
- The Orchestra receives the proceeds from the sale from Charles Schwab on settlement date.
gifts of proprietary stock
Some stock cannot be transferred directly into the Orchestra’s Charles Schwab account. If you believe you are in need of special instructions to make a gift of proprietary stock, please contact the LACO development office and we will provide additional information.
For further information about making a contribution to the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, please call 213 622 7001 x 4.
Have you ever listened to a favorite symphony or concerto and wondered what life experiences and inspiration shaped the composer’s ideas, how the orchestra players reacted upon first reading the new score or how the composer felt as musicians finally gave sonic life to notes on paper? When you commission a new work of music through LACO’s Sound Investment program, you can get your own answers, straight from the artist’s mouth.
Each season, the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra commissions and premieres a new piece of music composed especially to suit its unparalleled musical talents. As an “investor,” you will be invited to a series of intimate salons where you can meet the composer, hear excerpts of the score-in-progress and attend a full orchestral rehearsal of the completed work. Sound Investment membership contributions provide critical underwriting for the composer’s fee and costs of the premiere concerts.