Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and Music Director Jaime Martín
Announce 2023/24 Season,
- Nearly Two Dozen Concert Across Three Distinctive Series;
- Five World and West Coast Premieres, all LACO Commissions or Co-Commissions, by Danny Elfman, 2023/24 Sound Investment Composer Nina Shekhar, LACO Artistic Advisor Derrick Skye, Dai Wei, and Nina C. Young;
- A Slate of Distinguished Guest Artists, Including Violinists Augustin Hadelich, Jennifer Koh, and Christian Tetzlaff; Pianists Marc-André Hamelin, Anne-Marie McDermott, and Gabriela Montero; Guitarist JIJI; Soprano Amanda Forsythe; Countertenor John Holiday; and Bass Thomas Bauer;
- Five LACO Musicians also to Appear as Soloists – Concertmaster Margaret Batjer, Assistant Concertmaster Tereza Stanislav, Principal Viola Yura Lee, Principal Cello Andrew Shulman, and Principal Oboe Claire Brazeau;
- Works by Mozart and Bach Threaded throughout Season; Plus Schubert’s Symphony No. 9 in C major; Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 9 in E-flat major; and Works by Samuel Coleridge-Taylor, His Daughter Avril Coleridge-Taylor, Caroline Shaw, Chausson, Brahms, and More;
- Program Commemorating Centenary of Sir Neville Marriner, Who Served as LACO’s First Music Director from 1969 to 1978;
- LACO Conductor Laureate Jeffrey Kahane Returns to Guest Conduct;
- Performances Across the Southland – on the Westside at UCLA’s Royce Hall and Beverly Hills’ Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, on the Eastside at Glendale’s Alex Theater and San Marino’s The Huntington; Downtown L.A.’s Zipper Hall; Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts in Northridge; and Orange County’s Segerstrom Center for the Performing Arts.
(Los Angeles, CA – April 11, 2023) Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra’s Music Director Jaime Martín and Executive Director Ben Cadwallader announce the Orchestra’s 2023/24 Season, featuring nearly two dozen intimate and transformative concerts across three series – Orchestral, Chamber, and Baroque – that bridge a spectrum of works new and iconic, highlighting LACO’s virtuosic artists and offering a fresh perspective on the boundless array of chamber and orchestral music.
Martín says, “This season LACO explores connections between new and timeless music and the relevance of those works in the world today. Musical lineages, divergent perspectives, and unexplored realms will be revealed through LACO’s singular artistry. I look forward to the collaborations between LACO’s gifted artists and our stellar guest artists as we delve into many of my favorite pieces from the past and visionary works from living composers.”
DOWNLOAD THE FULL PRESS RELEASE:
LACO 2023/24 Season Press Release