Wagner. Beethoven. Chopin.
From the looks of it, these do not look like men who love…or are sensitive…or have many feelings other than maybe anger…irritation…or general disgust. How then did these legendary figures compose such beautiful music full of emotion and passion? Where did their inspiration come from?
Limelight Magazine shares 10 Classical Music Muses in honor of Valentine’s Day
- Alma Mahler inspiration to Gustav Mahler
- Clara Wieck inspiration to Robert Schumann AND Johannes Brahms (scandalous!)
- Countess Josephine von Brunsvik inspiration to Ludwig van Beethoven
- Péronne d’Armentières inspiration to Guillaume de Machaut
- Kamila Stösslová inspiration to Leos Janáček
- Harriet Smithson inspiration to Hector Berlioz
- Cosima Wagner (daughter of Franz Liszt) inspiration to Richard Wagner
- Countess Delphina Potocka inspiration to Frédéric Chopin
- Isabella Colbran inspiration to Gioachino Rossini
- Peter Pears inspiration to Benjamin Britten
Read more about the top ten classical music muses and their influence on the world’s greatest composers at limelightmagazine.com.
YOU, our patrons, inspire us at LACO. You help bring great music to life and we love you for it. To show our appreciation, this February when you make a donation of any amount you will “get pinned” with a #LACO205 button. We hope you accept this small token of our gratitude for your continued support.
Make a contribution of any amount and receive a #LACO205 button.