My name is Sara Ford and I am the new Development and Donor Relations Assistant at the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. I am so excited to work for this amazing organization! Music and service for non-profits have always been my two passions. I can’t wait to pursue them both simultaneously and work towards providing music to the LA community! Here’s a little about me:
- Hometown: Manhattan Beach, CA (LA native!)
- Parents: Mark (Aerospace Engineer) & Penny (Upper Management)
- First musical memory: Britney Spears concert for my 8th birthday; also seeing the ballet Cinderella at the Ahmanson
- Education: Master of Music from Indiana University (2015) and Bachelor of Music from University of Southern California (2013) FIGHT ON!!!
- Instrument: French Horn
- Most memorable performance: Performing Konzertstück for Four Horns with the Ossian Quartet at IU with an orchestra; playing Tchaikovsky’s 5th Symphony in Disney Hall
- Motto: Sky above me, Earth below me, Fire within me.
- Favorite composer: Mahler
- Favorite animal: French Bulldog
- Favorite food: Any and all Mexican food
- Favorite pastimes: soaking up the sun at the beach, finding the best burrito in Southern California, jamming with friends, volunteering, any sport/workout, watching USC football